Step into Hilo's Rich Tapestry of History and Nature with Our Exclusive eBike Adventure! Fasten your helmets because we're taking you on a historical and breathtaking journey that paints a vivid canvas of Hawaii's oldest town, blending the ancient tales with the lush natural landscapes, right beneath your spinning wheels!
Our tours are Self-Guided! That means you have the freedom to explore at your own pace without the need for a tour guide leading a group of people. Instead, we provide you with a special GPS app that acts as your personal guide. It will take you through the park, sharing its fascinating history and much more along the way. So get ready for an adventure where you can enjoy the park on your terms, at your own speed!
What to Expect
Your self guided audio tour begins by meeting at our Hilo Hub, conveniently situated at the ground floor of the bustling Hilo Shopping Center. It's here where you're embraced with warm Aloha spirit, getting outfitted with state-of-the-art eBikes, helmets, and locks. Your safety is paramount, and we ensure a seamless start with a brief yet comprehensive safety briefing.
You'll then head out and begin your adventure. As you weave through the streets, you'll soon find yourself being a part of living history. Your path intertwines with the legendary tales that echo through the majestic statues, museums, and monuments gracing the historical town built back in the 1800s.
After that, wind your way through the tranquil beauty of historical parks that surround the town to view the small boat harbor, perfectly manicured botanical gardens, and the famous Kamehameha Statue.
You will then pedal to the outskirts of the city, your eBike takes you to the beating heart of Hilo's lush jungle waterfalls, while the GPS guided audio narrative brings alive the captivating stories etched in each location. Feel the mist on your skin and the awe in your spirit as you immerse yourself in the sheer beauty unfolding before you.
As your tour concludes head back to Hilo town for one last stop at the Hilo Farmers market. A perfect place to meet local artisans and farmers, and even grab a delicious locally made treat. You earned it!
- Wailoa River State Park: This lush sanctuary serves as a peaceful retreat in the heart of Hilo, blending serenity with scenic vistas of native vegetation and fascinating waterfowl, a spot that whispers ancient Hawaii into the ears of modern explorers.
- Liliuokalani Gardens: Drift through a breathtaking mosaic of Japanese and Hawaiian aesthetic, as you traverse ornate bridges and manicured landscapes, connecting with a past where Queen Liliuokalani desired cultural harmony through beauty.
- Coconut Island: Pedal your way to this offshore island, a tranquil haven where towering coconut palms fringe sandy beaches, offering a postcard-perfect setting for a mid-adventure breather.
- Pacific Tsunami Museum: This eye-opening stop is an indispensable pitstop that masterfully educates visitors on Hawaii's volatile relationship with tsunamis, capturing the solemn realities through immersive displays and survivor stories.
- Mokupāpapa Discovery Center: Immerse yourself in the rarely-explored Northwestern Hawaiian Islands without leaving the Big Island, as you dive into 3D visual presentations and interactive exhibits that expose the area's ecological treasures.
- Rainbow Falls: Encounter a glistening, 80-foot waterfall that often graces onlookers with a kaleidoscopic rainbow, a natural spectacle steeped in legends of the goddess Hina.
- Boiling Pots: Feel the adrenaline surge as you arrive at this sequence of cascading pools on the Wailuku River that, during heavy rainfall, appear to boil, mimicking the cauldrons of Pele, the fire goddess.
- Hilo Farmers Market: Relish a sensorial smorgasbord where local farmers and artisans showcase the Big Island’s freshest produce, homemade goodies, and handcrafted mementos, grounding your adventure in authentic island life.
- Kamehameha Statue: Conclude your journey by paying homage to the iconic bronze statue of King Kamehameha the Great, a visual narrative of Hawaii's united past and an absolute must-see to appreciate the man behind the unified Hawaiian Islands.
- Free GPS Audio Tour App
- 2023 Brand New Electric Bicycle
- Restrooms & Customer Parking at our location
- Bicycle Helmet, Lock, Phone Holder
- Rain Jacket if necessary
- Staging Area for Pre-Tour Equipment Orientation & Safety Lecture
- Minimum Age Requirement is 15 years old
- Comfortable clothing suitable for cycling and weather conditions
- Closed-toe shoes for safety and comfort
- Sunscreen, sunglasses, and a hat to protect against the sun
- A water bottle to stay hydrated during your journey
- A small backpack or bag to carry your personal belongings
- Must bring your own headphones.
- A full charged smart phone
Hilo Shopping Center - 74 Kekuanaoa St #330A, Hilo, HI 96720
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience. Customers will also receive a full refund or credit in case of operator cancellation due to weather or other unforeseen circumstances. Contact us by phone to cancel or inquire about a cancellation. No-shows will be charged the full price. Inability to ride an E-Bike does not warrant a refund.