The safety and well-being of our guests and staff has and always will be our number one
priority. We have increased our safety measures and precautions on all of our sailing and
In order to better protect you and other customers, we are following CDC recommendations
and intensifying our already rigorous health and safety measures. The following is now in
• We have safely increased our tour capacity to 75% following all state guidelines with up to 36 guests per the shorter Afternoon and Manta Tours. The longer Morning Tour will remain at approx 26 guests until further notice.
• Guests will sign a waiver online and directly check in at the boat. Guests will follow state guidelines for traveling restrictions.
• Our crew will be required to take a temperature check and will be monitored for any
• All surfaces and equipment are scrubbed and sanitized before, during and after each
• Snorkel equipment is scrubbed and disinfected before and after each tour.
• Food items will be served by an assigned crew member wearing protective equipment.
• We will have a cashless bar for credit/debit card purchases available on day tours.
• Currently both crew and guests are required to wear masks unless they are eating,
drinking, swimming, snorkeling, active, or medically unable to wear.
• We are well stocked with cleaning supplies and provide hand sanitizer.
• Hand washing stations are available to staff and guests.
• We have amended our cancellation policy to encourage anyone experiencing
symptoms to either cancel or postpone their trip and provide a physicians note. We may also be required to report cases to the Health Department.
We wish everyone health and safety during this time. Please reach out to us with any further
questions or concerns.
The Sea Paradise Team
After sailing down the beautiful Kona Coast on our spacious 45 foot trimaran, your snorkeling adventure will begin in the pristine waters and the vibrant reef of the Marine Sanctuary of Kealakekua Bay. "Hawaii the Big Island Revealed" guide book says, "snorkeling in Kealakekua Bay near the monument is perhaps the best you will find anywhere in the state."
Keep a watchful eye out for Hawaiian Spinner Dolphins, Hawaiian Humpback Whales (seasonal Dec-April), and other marine life while you sail down the beautiful Kona Coast. Entering Historic Kealakekua Bay, you will observe the World Famous Captain Cook Monument (sail time approx. 45 min.) Your snorkeling will begin in the pristine waters and the vibrant reef of the Marine Sanctuary of Kealakekua Bay. Make sure to bring an underwater camera to capture the colorful schools of fish, pods of spinner dolphins that are also commonly spotted in the bay, and the landscaped ledges of ancient lava flows.
During the Morning Deluxe Snorkel Tour you will be treated to a tropical style breakfast during the 45min sail to the first snorkel site, Kealakekua Bay.
After snorkeling you will then have a moment for another breath taking view of Kealakekua Bay and the Captain Cook Monument while you enjoy a sumptuous lunch with beverages.
We then pull the anchor and voyage to a second snorkeling location while the sun is still high in the sky and the water crystal clear. Exiting Kealakekua Bay, we set sail for "Red Hill" (weather permitting). The Red Hill area is home to unique underwater lava formations such as archways and lava tubes, and more snorkeling with schools of vibrant sea life. The boat arrives back at the Keauhou Bay dock around 1:00pm.
Snorkeling Time in Water - 2 Hours Total
During the Afternoon Snorkel and Sail you will be treated to light snacks (pupus) which include Maui Style Chips, and fresh tropical fruits and beverages. Beverages include Kona Coffee, black and green tea, hot cocoa, regular and diet soft drinks, local juices, and iced tea. Cold storage is provided. (menu items may vary). We will only be snorkeling at Kealakekua Bay. No Breakfast or Lunch is included. Return to Keauhou Bay is at approx. 5:00 pm.
Snorkeling Time in Water - 1 Hour Total
During both our morning and afternoon snorkel tours we will have only the highest quality snorkeling gear and flotation available for your use. Flotation is available but not required. The view boards are great for anyone who wants to see fish and the coral but does not want to stick their head in the water.
Check-in no later than 8:00AM (Morning Snorkel) and 1:30PM (Afternoon Snorkel) at our store in the Keauhou Shopping Center which is located at: 78-6831 Alii Drive Suite #144 Kailua Kona, Hi 96740
-OR- you can E-SIGN your waivers (link found in your confirmation e-mail) and go directly to Keauhou Bay. The boat sets sail from Keauhou Bay at 8:30AM (Morning Snorkel) and 2:00 PM (Afternoon Snorkel).
Keauhou Bay is located at: 78-7130 Kaleiopapa St, Kailua-Kona, HI 96740. PARKING IS LIMITED AT THE PIER. Free parking is available in areas along Kaleiopapa St. Please allow 3-5 minutes to walk from your vehicle to the boat.
Cancellations require 24 hour advance notice on regular bookings and 72 hour advance notice on private charters. You must call the phone number located on your booking confirmation email to cancel your tour. No refunds will be issued if you do not call to cancel in the required time prior to your scheduled check-in time.