Kauai Movie Sightseeing Tour
Come behind the scenes and visit locations where your Hawaii favorite movies were filmed.
During this tour we will visit locations used in the filming of movies such as, "Jurassic Park", "Six Days and Seven Nights,” “Gilligan’s Island,” “The Amazing Race,” “Fantasy Island,” “Blue Hawaii”, and “Pirates of the Caribbean.”
Select movie clips shown aboard the comfortable minibus provide context for the tour, enhancing the experience.
What to Expect
This tour was specifically created for all of the Hollywood film fans visiting Kauai. During this tour you will visit the exact places some of their favorite movies were filmed. You’ll love recognizing the iconic locations and backdrops from all your favorite films. For the maximum experience, immerse yourself in movie clips aboard the tour minibus and see how filmmakers made the island of Kauai translate onto the silver screen.
We'll start the day winding our way up East Kauai, visiting waterfalls, beaches, the famous Coco Palms resort, a famous cliff seaside lighthouse, and more stunning locations along the way.
Lunch is included! We will enjoy lunch at the Aqua Kauai Beach Resort.
- Wailua Falls (Kauai)* – A 173-foot waterfall located near Lihue that feeds into the Wailua River. Most recognized in the opening credits for television show “Fantasy Island,”Wailua Falls has also made cameos in “Dragonfly,” “Castaway Cowboy,” “The Amazing Race” and “Tropic Thunder.”
- Hanamaulu Bay* – The ancient birthplace of Kawelo, a member of Kauai’s ruling family, the bay has made appearances in productions like “Donovan’s Reef,” “Pagan Love Song,” “Six Days and Seven Nights” and “Voodoo Island.”
- Coco Palms* – This is the only tour and transportation company with access to this popular site. Please note that you will have to sign a waiver prior to entering the venue. You’ll recognize this historic property from scenes in “Blue Hawaii,” “Fantasy Island” and “Pirates of the Caribbean.”
- Lunch is Included - We will visit the Aqua Kauai Beach Resort for lunch.
- Opaekaa Falls Lookout* – A beautiful and accessible waterfall on the island, this is where scenes from “Donovan’s Reef,” “Lt. Robin Crusoe,” “USN” and “Seven Women from Hell” were filmed.
- Kapaa Town – A beachside town where “Jurassic Park” was filmed
- Aliomanu – This picturesque, isolated beach was a perfect setting for “Six Days Seven Nights” and “Voodoo Island.”
- Moloaa Beach* – A horseshoe-shaped beach on the northeast shore of Kauai, you may recognize scenes from “Gilligan’s Island” and “Castaway Cowboy.”
- Kilauea Lighthouse Overlook* – Sighted several times in the “Lilo & Stitch” franchise series, this lighthouse is 52-feet tall and built on a bluff overlooking the Pacific Ocean.
*denotes tour stops made
The tour bus provides pick up from convenient South Kauai locations.
Your pick up location will be a close walk from your hotel and chosen during booking.
Reservations may be canceled free of charge up to 48 hours prior to your scheduled tour service for a full refund. No-shows and cancellations less than 48 hours in advance are non-refundable.