Your health is our top priority, and we have put special measures in place to keep all guests safe both during and after your activity.
- Stringent Cleaning - We’ve increased the frequency of disinfecting surfaces and high traffic areas between each tour, and hand sanitizer will be available to all of our guests.
- Social Distancing - Guests will stay at a safe 6-foot distance during all points of the tour. We also ensure that all staff members will be wearing the necessary PPE.
- Wellness Checks - Employees receive daily wellness checks to ensure they are healthy and symptom-free. If you or anyone in your group is experiencing symptoms, we will work directly with you to cancel or reschedule your tour.
Bioluminescent Kayak + Beach + Rainforest Combo
Enjoy a great day of activity in the countryside of Puerto Rico. This full day guided tour combines the best of the natural beauty of Puerto Rico. During this tour, you will explore dense jungle rainforests, enjoy an afternoon in a pristine beach town, and end the day with a sunset and night kayak paddle in one of earth's only bioluminescent bays. Here you will see the famous neon blue glow of the dinoflagellates dance across the water while you paddle.
What to Expect
This adventure is a full-day experience of hiking, swimming and kayak paddling. During the tour you will visit a natural wonder in Puerto Rico: El Yunque National Rainforest. We then make time to relax on the beautiful beach of Luquillo and enjoy the savory local cuisine the Kiosks offer. Finally we visit the Bioluminescent Bay in Laguna Grande, Fajardo for night kayaking to see the natural phenomenon that produces neon glowing water.
El Yunque Rainforest Tour
Harmonize your senses with nature and join us on a guided tour of one of the most visited places in Puerto Rico, El Yunque National Forest, the only rainforest in the U.S. National Forest System. Our guide takes you on an unforgettable hike followed by a refreshing swim.
- An Eco-Adventure – For outdoor enthusiast and nature lovers only.
- Guided Nature Walk – Through El Yunque National Forest.
- Chance to swim in crystal clear river water.
- La Coca Falls is the first spectacular feature seen by our guest as we enter El Yunque National Forest. 85 feet (26 meters) drop welcomes all visitors to the forest. An impressive huge rock formation at the bottom of the falls is the perfect photo opportunity for your screen saver picture.
- Yokahu – With more than 50 years Yokahu Tour has offer to everybody that climb its 98 steps a panoramic view of the coast and the rain forest above canopy. Located at mid elevation along road 191this stop is one of the visitor’s favorite.
- Baño Oro – This man-made stone dam of 18 feet (5.4 meters) deep pool was built for recreation purposed back in 1936 by the Civilian Conservation Corp. This stone and masonry dam over which water cascade is not for swim anymore since 1976. However it’s a beautiful man made pool filled with the waters from an upper branch of La Mina River.
- River – Puente Roto is one of the most popular water play area on the Forest. Here you’ll have the opportunity for swimming in a natural rain-forest river. The road provides easy hiking access to the river corridor, even though no trails currently exist.
Lunch at Luquillo Beach
Spend two hours enjoying the beautiful white sand Luquillo Beach area. Here you can swim in the ocean, relax in the sand, and take a moment to unwind. The beach is also famous for its family owned kiosk shops that line the beach. Take a moment to walk the shops, talk to the local shopkeepers, and choose an eatery to enjoy lunch.
Night Kayaking in Bioluminescent Bay
From the moment you arrive our professional and friendly guides will be there to greet you and instruct you toward your kayaks. We will begin with an overview on the paddling location, the wild life in the area, how bioluminescence is created, and an instructional kayaking lesson.
You will then be assigned your kayak, life vest, and paddle. And then we head out into the water and the tour begins! Once in the water, the bioluminescence will begin to shine with every stroke of your paddle. The microorganisms shine when the water become agitated or stirred up. So feel free to make a splash and see them glow a beautiful neon blue.
Your expert guide will be there to assist you if needed and include interested commentary on the area around you. Feel free to ask questions and learn about this rare glowing phenomenon that is only found in 5 areas of the world.
Transportation from San Juan is included during this all day activity tour.
- 9:00am - Pick-up from the San Juan area
- 10:00am -El Yunque Rainforest Tour
- 3:30pm - Beach time and lunch at Luquillo Kiosks
- 6:00pm - 2 hour Bio Bay night kayaking from 6 p.m. to 8 p.m.
- 9:30pm - Return to hotel
- Explore the enchanting El Yunque National Rainforest: walk the trails, take a dip at the river and see nature at its finest.
- Visit the Luquillo Beach to relax, swim, and sunbathe
- Drink & eat savory Puerto Rican cuisine at the Kiosks.
- Guided Night Kayaking at the Bioluminescent Bay
- Live-commentary about the Ecosystem in English or Spanish
- Fully guided by certified tour guides.
- 101 kayaking lesson – First time in a kayak! no problem.
- Transportation upgrade available.
- Big and Tall Participants, no problem! – weight up to 290 pounds per person.
- Life jacket – US Coast Guard Approved.
- Two person sit-on-top kayaks
- Wheelchair Accessible – Attainable Adaptations for guest with special needs and disabilities.
- Minimum age is 6 years.
- Not recommended for pregnant women.
- Lightweight, synthetic clothing or a swimsuit is best recommended for the activities. Avoid wearing jeans or sweats. Hiking boots or slip-resistant sneakers are a must for El Yunque National Rainforest.
- Night kayaking tour operates even if it rain, except in the case of extreme weather events or any warnings by the local weather authorities or the U.S. Coast Guard.
- Maximum weight is 290 pounds (131kg) per person.
- You must be able to swim on your own in the rare case of capsizing.
- Parking is hard to find on Sundays and Holidays.
- Come prepared to get wet from your waist down.
- Lightweight, synthetic clothing or a swimsuit is the best.
- Do not walk bare foot on the beach for safety reasons.
- Don’t bring any valuables you don’t want to get wet, lose or damage.
- Anyone who is visibly under the influence of alcohol or drugs will not be allowed to participate and will still be charged.
Las Croabas, 987 Road, Fajardo, 00738
- All cancellations have a cancellation fee of $10.00 per person.
- 24 hours or more prior to the schedule hour - a full refund of the total price less the $10 per person cancellation fee.
- 12 hours prior to departure - 50% refund of the total price / less the $10 cancellation fee.
- 6 hours prior to departure – no refund
If the tour cancels due to unsafe weather conditions or from the recommendations made by the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration, NOAA , The US Coast Guard or any local Government authority. A full refund will be given if we cancel for safety reasons.