Bring a little excitement to your vacation with our night kayaking tour in the Bio Bay of Laguna Grande Reserve in Fajardo. The Bio Bay has microscopic organisms called dinoflagellates that produce a glowing effect when they are stirred by our paddles. Kayaking here at night is a must-do activity you don’t want to miss!
What to Expect
From the moment you arrive our professional and friendly guides will be there to greet you and instruct you toward your kayaks. We will begin with an overview on the paddling location, the wild life in the area, how bioluminescence is created, and an instructional kayaking lesson.
You will then be assigned your kayak, life vest, and paddle. And then we head out into the water and the tour begins! Once in the water, the bioluminescence will begin to shine with every stroke of your paddle. The microorganisms shine when the water become agitated or stirred up. So feel free to make a splash and see them glow a beautiful neon blue.
Your expert guide will be there to assist you if needed and include interested commentary on the area around you. Feel free to ask questions and learn about this rare glowing phenomenon that is only found in 5 areas of the world.
- Guided Night Kayaking Eco-Adventure at the Bioluminescent Bay of Laguna Grande Mangrove Reserve.
- Live-commentary and interpretations about the Ecosystem in English or Spanish
- Fully guided by certified tour guides.
- 101 kayaking lesson – First time in a kayak! no problem.
- Transportation upgrade available.
- Big and Tall Participants, no problem! – weight up to 250 pounds per person.
- Life jacket – US Coast Guard Approved.
- Two person sit-on-top kayaks
- Wheelchair Accessible – Attainable Adaptations for guest with special needs and disabilities.
- Minimum age is 6 years.
- Not recommended for pregnant women.
- This Night Kayaking tour operates even if it rain, except in the case of extreme weather events or any warnings by the local weather authorities or the U.S. Coast Guard.
- Maximum weight is 250 pounds per person.
- You must be able to swim on your own in the rare case of capsizing.
- Parking is hard to find on Sundays and Holidays.
- Come prepared to get wet from your waist down.
- Lightweight, synthetic clothing or a swimsuit is the best.
- Do not walk bare foot on the beach for safety reasons.
- Don’t bring any valuables you don’t want to get wet, lose or damage.
- Anyone who is visibly under the influence of alcohol or drugs will not be allowed to participate and will still be charged.
Las Croabas, 987 Road, Fajardo, 00738
- All cancellations have a cancellation fee of $10.00 per person.
- 24 hours or more prior to the schedule hour - a full refund of the total price less the $10 per person cancellation fee.
- 12 hours prior to departure - 50% refund of the total price / less the $10 cancellation fee.
- 6 hours prior to departure – no refund
If the tour cancels due to unsafe weather conditions or from the recommendations made by the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration, NOAA , The US Coast Guard or any local Government authority. A full refund will be given if we cancel for safety reasons.