Experience El Yunque National Forest on a Nature Walk Guided Tour
What to Expect
Harmonize your senses with nature and join us on a guided tour of one of the most visited places in Puerto Rico, El Yunque National Forest, the only rainforest in the U.S. National Forest System. Our guide takes you on an unforgettable hike followed by a refreshing swim.
- An Eco-Adventure – For outdoor enthusiast and nature lovers only.
- Guided Nature Walk – Through El Yunque National Forest.
- Chance to swim in crystal clear river water.
- La Coca Falls is the first spectacular feature seen by our guest as we enter El Yunque National Forest. 85 feet (26 meters) drop welcomes all visitors to the forest. An impressive huge rock formation at the bottom of the falls is the perfect photo opportunity for your screen saver picture.
- Yokahu – With more than 50 years Yokahu Tour has offer to everybody that climb its 98 steps a panoramic view of the coast and the rain forest above canopy. Located at mid elevation along road 191this stop is one of the visitor’s favorite.
- Baño Oro – This man-made stone dam of 18 feet (5.4 meters) deep pool was built for recreation purposed back in 1936 by the Civilian Conservation Corp. This stone and masonry dam over which water cascade is not for swim anymore since 1976. However it’s a beautiful man made pool filled with the waters from an upper branch of La Mina River.
- River – Puente Roto is one of the most popular water play area on the Forest. Here you’ll have the opportunity for swimming in a natural rain-forest river. The road provides easy hiking access to the river corridor, even though no trails currently exist.
What to Bring
- Lightweight, synthetic clothing or a swimsuit is the best.
- Sun screen.
- Mosquito repellent (just in case!).
- Come prepared to get wet; bring a change of cloth and towel just in case you want to swim.
- Wear rubber soles hiking shoes or sneakers no flipflops; slippery and moist conditions exist on all Forest paths and trails.
- A raincoat is appropriate specially in “El Yunque Rainforest”, one of the wettest places on Earth with an average of 200 inches of rain every year.
- Bottle water to stay hydrated (we provide water, but be sure not to leave it on the bus when you go to the hiking trail).
- Bring a snack, hiking takes a lot of energy.
Las Croabas, 987 Road, Fajardo, 00738
- All cancellations have a cancellation fee of $10.00 per person.
- 24 hours or more prior to the schedule hour - a full refund of the total price less the $10 per person cancellation fee.
- 12 hours prior to departure - 50% refund of the total price / less the $10 cancellation fee.
- 6 hours prior to departure – no refund
If the tour cancels due to unsafe weather conditions or from the recommendations made by the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration, NOAA , The US Coast Guard or any local Government authority. A full refund will be given if we cancel for safety reasons.