Our Ohana means our family, and family takes care of each other. Your health is our top priority, and we have put special measures in place to keep all guests safe both during and after your activity. See the details of our new plan below, but keep in mind this is just the start. We will constantly be fine-tuning and updating our policies as we learn more.
MAUI GOAT YOGA STANDARD OF FITNESS AND SAFETY:
In accordance with Maui County and the CDC’s guidelines we have made some changes to how we operate. Here is what you can expect.
OUR HEIGHTENED DEEP-CLEANING PROCESS:
• Top-grade disinfectant and more frequent cleaning. Staff will use a disinfectant proven to kill viruses like COVID-19 in all common areas before and after check-ins, with a heightened attention to yoga mats and all high-touch surfaces after every class. Mat towels will be laundered in hot water after every class.
• Disinfecting high-touch surfaces. After every class we will disinfect gate handles, tables, retail containers, port a potty, and check in area.
NEW STUDIO POLICIES
• Social distancing will be observed in fenced yoga area and while checking in to Maui Goat Yoga. Per county and State Covid guidelines we are allowed to operate at half capacity. This means a max limit of 25 - 30 students per class with a minimum of 6 feet between each yoga station.
• There will be clear markings on the ground at check in area.
• Hand sanitizer will be made available for use upon entry into the studio. We will require hand sanitizing as you come into class as well as after class.
• Masks will NOT be required for students during the exercise part of class. The county guidelines are as follows: This requirement shall not apply to persons engaging in permissible outdoor exercise activities, or at parks and beaches, so long as social distancing requirements are maintained.
• Instructors and staff receive daily wellness checks to ensure they are healthy and symptom-free
• Health checks. Staff and students are asked to monitor their temperatures and overall health prior to coming into Maui Goat Yoga. Please stay home if you register at 100.4 degrees or higher. If you or anyone in your group is experiencing symptoms, we will work directly with you to cancel or reschedule your tour.
• Keep personal items to a minimum. Personal belongings will no longer be stored at Maui Goat Yoga during class. We encourage you to leave large bags in your car, bringing only water, keys, hat, sunscreen and your own yoga mat if you prefer.
• Reduced high touch areas. We will no longer use a sign in sheet to check in, the instructor or owner will take care of it for you. Please allow our staff to open the fence gate for you. Our staff will help with retail sales items as well.
THE NEW CLASS EXPERIENCE
• Personalized Stations. No mats and mat towels will be shared. The instructors will cue you so that social distancing is maintained.
• County of Maui’s rules on exercising and face masks: 2020-5-15 COM Rules
• Sanitization policy: Staff will a preliminary clean of mats, this will be done before and after each class.
• End of class mat and mat towel policy: After class, each student will be required to clean their rented yoga mat and place their rented yoga mat in mat bin and rented mat towel in mat towel bin.
• Hand Sanitization policy: Students will be required to hand sanitize before and after class. Hand sanitizer will be provided by Maui Goat Yoga.
RESERVATION AND CANCELLATION POLICY
• Classes that have less than 5 participants registered within a 12 hour period prior to start time are subject to cancellation.
Keeping each other safe. Aside from respecting the safety guidelines put in place by our governments, we ask that all students coming in with the intention to go above and beyond for each other.
• Please make sure to practice social distancing. Please note the signage and markers placed around the yoga area to maintain a safe distance.
• If you have a cough, fever, or symptoms of COVID-19 please do not come onto the Maui Goat Yoga property. See your physician and refrain from coming to class until you are symptom-free and fever-free for at least 3 days.
• If you have tested positive for COVID-19 or have knowingly come in contact with someone who has, we ask that you do not come to our class for 14 days or until you’ve tested negative for COVID-19.
• If you feel unwell or have any concerns about coming in, please stay home and stay safe.
• If you have recently traveled or have been around someone who has Covid-19, please refrain from coming to a class for 14 days or until you’ve tested negative for COVID-19.
Moving forward, we will continue to monitor the situation. With no way to predict what the future holds, the best way we can prepare is to respond and evolve as the situation develops–making your health and safety our top priority. We are staying up to date and vigilant with CDC, federal and state guidelines to keep your experience as healthy as possible!
You can contact us if you have questions, concerns, or anything you’d like to discuss.
Enjoy beautiful views of Maui’s breathtaking coastline, and relish the psychological benefits of animal-assisted therapy while exercising and challenging your physical and mental capacity. Or just relax and stretch while hanging out with lovable, adorable goats that love to snuggle.
Goat yoga is much more than just a yoga class. Everyone who experiences this is SMILING, LAUGHING and HAPPY when they leave.
The goat yoga class is located on the majestic leeward slopes of Haleakala at an elevation of slightly under 3,000 feet and features overwhelming beautiful panoramic views of Maui’s coastline.
Once you arrive the yoga instructor will greet you and encourage you to set up your mat. We then introduce the goats to join the class. Our goats are Nigerian Dwarf Goats. The babies can weigh between 5 to 30 pound and adults can weigh between 30 to 70 pounds. They have all been hand raised from birth.
As the class begins we move into our yoga flow. This is when the goats become affectionate and inquisitive and start to approach the yoga students. There is no encouragement or training of the goats necessary to get them to interact with the students. The goats sincerely just prefer to be by humans and all they really want is to be loved and petted. The goats are free to wander around, play and snuggle with you.
If you do not want to participate, that's ok too! You can just sit and snuggle the goats on your mat.
The class is followed by 30 minutes of "Maui Goat Happy Hour". This time is where you get to have some fun with the goats, do some yoga poses with the goats, snuggle the goats, and take photos and selfies with the goats! Everyone leaves HAPPY and BEAMING!
Goat yoga is much more than just a yoga class — it’s about removing yourself from day to day stress and anxiety and focusing on optimistic and happy thoughts and feelings. It’s about health, wellness, smiles…and goats! Our miniature goats are very friendly and love to cuddle and play with guests both during and after class.
*April through October only
Every Thursday we feature our live musical performance from a Maui musician to serenade you through the yoga class as the sunsets on the horizon. This is our normal yoga class with our "Maui Goat Happy Hour" afterwards, but with the benefit of live music and the beautiful Maui sunset.
936 Keanuhea Street, Kula HI 96790
Sorry there are NO refunds due to the limit space availability in classes, however a rain check will be honored or transferable.
Rain check or transferable: If you are unable to make it to your assigned class due to unforeseen circumstances, we will do our best to move you to a different class within the following week. Please give us adequate notice beforehand so we can make room for you in another class, and give someone else the opportunity to take your reservation. Our classes fill up quickly!
If a class size is 2 or less participants, the class will be cancelled 2 hours before the class starts and you will have a rain check issued for a future makeup class within the following week.
The weather is very unpredictable at all times in Hawaii. We determine right before class if the class needs to be cancelled due to bad weather. If the class is cancelled due to bad weather before or during a class, no refunds. A rain check will be honored or is transferable.