The kayak rentals in Kailua can be done for either a full day or half day. You will have the option to also rent snorkel gear, soft cooler, and other beach gear as well.
If you plan on going out to the offshore islands, such as Flat Island and Mokulua, make sure and book a landing permit per kayak too.
What to Expect
We begin this tour by meeting at our shop, located just 10 minute walk from Kailua Beach. There, you will receive a short safety briefing and the gear you reserved. We provide you with a "kayak caddy" so that you can easily roll your kayak the 10 minute walk to the beach. All kayaks must be transported by the customer to the beach, this is the law so we appreciate you understanding this requirement.
Once we reach the water you push off the beautiful Kailua Beach and begin your self guided kayak adventure through the reef-protected waters of Kailua Bay. Kailua Bay and the neighboring Lanikai Beach provide a safe environment for the beginner paddler and advanced paddler alike.
While kayaking, traverse the pristine waters to the offshore bird-nesting sanctuaries of Flat Island and Mokulua Island. When making your online reservation, please reserve landing permits per kayak if you plan on doing this (not available on Sundays). Here you will uncover hidden treasures, from secluded beaches, enchanting tide pools, and visiting marine life such as the Hawaiian Green Sea Turtles.
- Video Briefing about Kailua Bay and Kayaking route
- Kayak Rentals
- Snorkeling gear, soft cooler, dry bag available for rent as well
- Free Beach Parking
- Secure locker at our shop for your valuables
- All participants must be able to swim.
- Kayaking is a physical activity that requires a moderate level of fitness.
- Kayaks must also be transported via cart to the beach (5-10 min walk).
- Minimum Age 13 to join our group tours. Under 13 can join a private-group tour.
- Ages 13-16 must ride in a double kayak with a parent or guardian.
- Participants under 18 must be accompanied by a parent or guardian.
130 Kailua Road. Suite 101B, Kailua, Hawaii, 96734
- There is a $25 rescheduling fee per-person if the activity is rescheduled after 12:00 PM the day preceding the activity date.
- There is no charge for one-day prior cancellation as long as it is canceled before 12:00 PM the day preceding the activity date.
- There is a cancellation fee of one hundred percent (100%), if cancelled after 12:00 PM the day preceding the activity date.
- No shows will be billed at 100 percent (100%) net rate.
- In the event that we must cancel a tour, we will try to reschedule customers the following day at their convenience. If we are unable to accommodate a reschedule, customers are entitled to a one- hundred-percent (100%) refund.
- Groups consisting of 14 participants or more and/or customized activity packages require 7 days notice of cancellation to avoid a 50% charge and may incur additional fees based upon arrangements.