- Everyone is required to wear a mask at check in, optional on the boat, including our staff.
- Temperature is taken and recorded, including all staff and boat crew.
- If any guest feels sick 24 hours with in their departure time and day, they may cancel with out penalty. Our 24 hour cancellation policy will be waived under this circumstance to ensure there is no pressure to attend to avoid cost. To keep future patrons and our crew safe, we will require at least a 10 day quarantine before booking with us again. If re-booking with us before 10 days are up, the entire cancelled party must be prepared to show proof of a negative test dated after the cancelled tour date.
- We only allow one booking group at a time inside our check in area. Once they receive their gear, they will exit through a different door to minimize contact with other booking couples or groups. The waiting area before and after check in is an outside spacious and shaded area with a bench for seating.
COVID Mandate Check:
- Option 1: VACCINATION CARD with PHOTO ID. Paper copy or phone pic OK,
- Option 2: PRE-TESTING PROGRAM: If you follow the procedures of the 72 hour pre-travel testing protocol, please provide your negative test results with the collection date falling with in the 72 hour period of your arrival date to the state of Hawaii. Safe Travels images will also be accepted. Paper copy or phone OK.
- Option 3: Current and active Military ID.
IF THE GOVERNOR LIFTS THESE RESTRICTIONS BY THE TIME YOU JOIN US, THEN WE WILL LIFT THESE REQUIREMENTS. There may be an alternate restriction is that case in which we will contact you if any other paperwork is needed.
*If you have neither of these items of proof, you will be denied tour access for the safety of our other passengers and our crew.
- Life Vests: Soaked and continuously dunked in a special shampoo specifically branded for cleaning wet suits, which have similar textile properties as life vests. Life Vests are left to dry naturally in the UV warmth of the sun.
- Fins: Soaked and scrubbed in a solution of bleach and liquid detergent, then rinsed in water and laid out in the UV warmth of the sun to dry.
- Masks and Snorkels: Soaked and scrubbed in a solution of bleach and liquid detergent, then rinsed in water. Both are then soaked for at least one minute in our Steramine sterilizing solution and kept inside to dry naturally. Once dry, each set is placed in a lidded, secure plastic container. This ensures that the masks and snorkel sets are not touched again after the sterilizing process until the next guest is presented the mask from the container for their own use.
Join one of the the most exciting activities in Hawaii, a wild dolphin viewing and snorkeling tour on the remote west shore of Oahu. This area is well known for having the calmest and clearest waters around the island. It’s perfect for snorkeling and home to both spinner dolphins and those mighty winter visitors — Humpback Whales.
What to Expect
We begin the tour departing from the Waianae Boat Harbor in our state of the art 34-foot rigid inflatable motorboat. We then travel along the scenic west coast in search of spinner dolphins. Take some of the most incredible photographs of your vacation as the pod of spinner dolphins come to visit you and perform their superb aerial stunts. We often see pods of 30-50 dolphins at a time. Few people have the opportunity to see these spectacular displays up close and personal!
Our tour follows guidelines that are dictated by Federal Law protecting these animals. As we locate a pod of Spinner Dolphins, we must maintain a distance of 50 yards. That is both on our vessel and while in the water. A vessel or person may not approach a Spinner Dolphin closer than that. A vessel or person may not “pursue” of “follow” said dolphin or pod. We will make sure you observe these animals under an eco friendly leadership giving you a safe safari you will remember. After swimming with the pod of dolphins, we will also snorkel at sites with Hawaiian Sea Turtles and tropical fish.
Excursions are led by seasoned island naturalists with years of experience on the Waianae Coast. Viewing the dolphins is an event that is certain to make your day, if not your entire vacation!
- Lifeguard Certified Crew - available to help you with snorkeling instruction
- Snorkel Gear: mask (prescription masks available), snorkel, fins and a life vests. Wet suits are available to rent for $10.00 at check in.
- Two Snorkel Sites - After viewing the dolphins, we will have time to visit some of the best snorkeling sites with sea turtles, tropical fish and reef.
- Please feel free to pack your own food and beverages. BYOB!
Waianae Boat Harbor - 5601 Farrington Hwy, Waianae, HI 96792
NO REFUNDS for cancellations made less than 24-hours in advance. You have until 9:00 am the day before your tour date to make any cancellations. If you fail to cancel any activity and do not participate in any of your selected activities "No Show", then we reserve the right to charge the full amount of the activity to the credit card you have provided. Contact us anytime to inquire about cancellations or reschedule.