Visit the USS Missouri, USS Arizona, & Punchbowl National Cemetery during this half day tour of Pearl Harbor
No two ships are more emblematic of America’s involvement in WWII than the USS Arizona and the USS Missouri. The attack on the Arizona thrust the United States into war, and, four years later, the surrender ending the war were signed on the deck of the Missouri. You’ll experience both ships on this tour and learn firsthand of their history and thrill at the accounts of the brave crews who manned them.
Complementing your Pearl Harbor tour is a comfortable narrated drive through Honolulu’s most iconic sites including the Punchbowl National Cemetery, King Kamehameha Statue, and buildings where Hawaiian royalty of the past and today’s political leaders guide our islands. Our professional driver guide will meet you at or near your hotel, share an informative and entertaining narration aboard an air-conditioned, tour vehicle, and return you to Waikiki following the tour.
What to Expect
We'll pick you up from Waikiki and take you over to Pearl Harbor Historic sites followed by a Honolulu city tour Some of the locations you will visit include:
- USS Arizona Memorial will be reached aboard a US Navy vessel. The memorial was designed by the architectural team to be situated directly above the actual USS Arizona battleship without resting on the sunken ship. The ship is the final resting place of many of the 1,177 officers and crewmen who were lost during the attack.
- USS Missouri Battleship where you’ll walk in the footprints of General Douglas MacArthur, Admiral Chester Nimitz, and officers of the Allied Powers in 1945 when the instruments of surrender were signed on the ship, signaling the end WWII. “Mighty Mo” fought in WWII, the Korean War and in Desert Storm in the Persian Gulf, supporting the cause of freedom.
- Pearl Harbor Visitor Center where you’ll view actual film footage the attack, view historic displays, and gain firsthand insight into WWII in the Pacific and beyond. You’ll see several galleries displaying artifacts, photos, and dramatic evidence of the surprise attack.
- Punchbowl Cemetery is viewed from the comfort of your tour vehicle where you’ll observe the dignified beauty of the National Memorial Cemetery of the Pacific at Punchbowl. The memorial cemetery was created to pay homage to those in the US Armed Forces whose lives were lost in the service of their country.
- Iolani Palace was the residence of the Hawaii Kingdom royalty between 1845 and 1893. The only royal palace on US soil, the palace employs architectural design seen no place else. It’s “American Florentine” design was created using brick with concrete facing, with ornamental plaster interior.
- King Kamehameha Statue is seen in pictures around the world as an archetype of Hawaii’s regal past. The statue honors the monarch founded the Kingdom of Hawaii, and one of the “must see” sites included in the tour.
- Kawaiahao Church is sometimes referred to as “Hawaii’s Westminster Abbey”, Kawaiahao Church was the chapel of the royal family. It’s the oldest church on Oahu, and the Hawaiian language is still used during portions of services.
- Mission Houses contain artifacts, documents, and displays from Hawaii’s missionary period in the 1800’s.
- Hawaii State Capitol – The capitol houses the governor’s office and state legislature. The American adaptation of the Bauhaus style of the building provides a dramatic contrast to the well-preserved historic buildings located just blocks away.
- Honolulu Hale – Literally, “Honolulu building”, in the Hawaiian language, the building houses the mayor’s chambers and is the seat of the government of the City and County of Honolulu.
- Convenient pick-up from several Waikiki locations
- Admission to all applicable sites
- Live tour narration by delightful, knowledge able driver guide
- Visit the USS Arizona Memorial
- Pearl Harbor Visitor Center exhibits
- View actual film footage of the attack
- Stroll the grounds and visit the Remembrance Circle, Japanese Kaiten “suicide sub”, and more
- Guided deck tour of USS Missouri battleship with docent, including locations of surrender ceremony, office and crew quarters, artillery, kamikaze aircraft crash
- Drive through Punchbowl Crater National Cemetery
- During the drive to and from Pearl Harbor, view Hawaii’s Royal Iolani Palace, King Kamehameha statue, Hawaii State Capital, Downtown Honolulu, from comfortable, air-conditioned vehicle
- Lunch is included
Premium Luxury Tour Upgrade
Click your calendar date of choice and select the "Premium USS Missouri Package to experience the ultimate in small group tours.
During the upgraded tour you will explore Pearl Harbor's most legendary sites, the USS Arizona Memorial and USS Missouri battleship, in an exclusive and deluxe small vehicle experience. Your knowledgeable driver guide will provide you with live narration, enriched by captivating videos and photos displayed on vehicle monitors. Immerse yourself in the history and significance of World War II, from its tumultuous beginnings to its triumphant conclusion. Indulge in a delectable restaurant lunch and witness the solemn beauty of Punchbowl National Cemetery, 'Iolani Palace, and other notable landmarks throughout the tour.
- Artisan Banana Bread served during pickup
- Custom luxury mini-coach vehicle with video monitors
- Specially trained Pearl Harbor tour guide
- Small group tour
Transportation pick up from Waikiki hotels and resorts included
48 hours notice of cancellation prior to tour departure is required for full refund; no-shows will incur a full charge.