- Everyone is required to wear a mask at check in and while on the boat, including our staff. They are no longer optional on the boat. The Coast Guard has now made it mandatory while on a commercial vessel: "The US Coast Guard recently released MSIB 02-21 for enforcement of Presidential Executive Order 13998 "Promoting COVID-19 Safety in Domestic and International Travel" and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) issued order that expands the mask requirement to all persons traveling on all commercial vessels.Masks are required to be worn for all persons traveling on commercial vessels. The requirement to wear a mask shall not apply under the following circumstances: while eating, drinking, or taking medication for brief periods. The following persons are exempted: Children under the age of 2 years, a person with a disability who cannot safely wear a mask, and a person form whom wearing a mask would create a risk to workplace health, safety, or job duty. Please read the MSIB, and send any questions, comments, or concerns to WearAMask@uscg.mil." - sited Email received to us from the US Coast Guard's Marine Inspector, GS-12
- Temperature is taken and recorded, including all staff and boat crew.
- If any guest feels sick 24 hours with in their departure time and day, they may cancel with out penalty. Our 24 hour cancellation policy will be waived under this circumstance to ensure there is no pressure to attend to avoid cost. To keep future patrons and our crew safe, we will require at least a 10 day quarantine before booking with us again. If re-booking with us before 10 days are up, the entire cancelled party must be prepared to show proof of a negative test dated after the cancelled tour date.
- We only allow one booking group at a time inside our check in area. Once they receive their gear, they will exit through a different door to minimize contact with other booking couples or groups. The waiting area before and after check in is an outside spacious and shaded area with a bench for seating.
- Quarantine restriction check:
RESIDENTS: Make sure you bring your State ID or Military ID to show at check in. Utility bill or paystub with your name and Hawaiian address will also work.
ISLAND GUESTS - 14 DAY QUARANTINE COMPLETION: Please have a copy of your itinerary with your name, the airlines emblem and date of arrival to HNL airport. If it is an email, the from address must be affiliated with an airline or travel site.
ISLAND GUESTS - ALTERNATE, PRE-TESTING PROGRAM: If you follow the procedures of the 72 hour pre-travel testing protocol, please provide your negative test results with the collection date falling with in the 72 hour period of your arrival date into Honolulu. "The state of Hawaii will ONLY accept test results from TRUSTED TESTING AND TRAVEL PARTNERS: AFC Urgent Care Portland, Bartell Drugs, Carbon Health, CityHealth Urgent Care, Color, CVS Health, Discovery Health MD, Kaiser Permanente, Quest Diagnostics, Vault Health and Walgreens (as of 10/16/20)" - sited Hawaii Tourism Authority's website.
IF THE GOVERNOR LIFTS THESE RESTRICTIONS BY THE TIME YOU JOIN US, THEN WE WILL LIFT THESE REQUIREMENTS. There may be an alternate restriction is that case in which we will contact you if any other paperwork is needed.
*If you have neither of these items of proof, you will be denied tour access for the safety of our other passengers and our crew.
Crew will board groups separately to arrange seating to maintain social distancing.
- Life Vests: Soaked and continuously dunked in a special shampoo specifically branded for cleaning wet suits, which have similar textile properties as life vests. Life Vests are left to dry naturally in the UV warmth of the sun.
- Fins: Soaked and scrubbed in a solution of bleach and liquid detergent, then rinsed in water and laid out in the UV warmth of the sun to dry.
- Masks and Snorkels: Soaked and scrubbed in a solution of bleach and liquid detergent, then rinsed in water. Both are then soaked for at least one minute in our Steramine sterilizing solution and kept inside to dry naturally. Once dry, each set is placed in a lidded, secure plastic container. This ensures that the masks and snorkel sets are not touched again after the sterilizing process until the next guest is presented the mask from the container for their own use.
Join one of the the most exciting activities in Hawaii, a wild dolphin swimming tour on the remote west shore of Oahu. This area is well known for having the calmest and clearest waters around the island. It’s perfect for snorkeling and home to both spinner dolphins and those mighty winter visitors — Humpback Whales.
What to Expect
We begin the tour departing from the Waianae Boat Harbor in our state of the art 34-foot rigid inflatable motorboat. We then travel along the scenic west coast in search of spinner dolphins. Take some of the most incredible photographs of your vacation as the pod of spinner dolphins come to visit you and perform their superb aerial stunts. We often see pods of 30-50 dolphins at a time. Few people have the opportunity to see these spectacular displays up close and personal!
Next, we will passively snorkel with the spinner dolphins. Our tour follows guidelines that are dictated by Federal Law protecting these animals. By maintaining a slow approach, and gently allowing you in the water, we will make sure you observe these animals under an eco friendly leadership giving you a safe safari you will remember. After swimming with the pod of dolphins, we will also snorkel at sites with Hawaiian Sea Turtles and tropical fish.
Excursions are led by seasoned island naturalists with years of experience on the Waianae Coast. Swimming with the dolphins is an event that is certain to make your day, if not your entire vacation!
- Round trip transportation from Waikiki and Ko Olina hotels: We can also pick up at the Aloha Tower Marketplace for those coming in by cruise ship. Also near the Airport at the Best Western Plaza Hotel. Due to strict permitting, we can not pick up at the cruise ship or airport terminals directly.
- Lifeguard Certified Crew - available to help you with snorkeling instruction
- Snorkel Gear: mask (prescription masks available), snorkel, fins and a life vests. Wet suits are available to rent for $10.00 at check in.
- Two Snorkel Sites - First with the wild pod of dolphins, and then at a tropical reef home to sea turtles.
- Lunch at Spinners Café: After the tour, choose from a complimentary assortment of breakfast or lunch local grinds.
Waianae Boat Harbor - 5601 Farrington Hwy, Waianae, HI 96792
NO REFUNDS for cancellations made less than 24-hours in advance. You have until 9:00 am the day before your tour date to make any cancellations. If you fail to cancel any activity and do not participate in any of your selected activities "No Show", then we reserve the right to charge the full amount of the activity to the credit card you have provided. Contact us anytime to inquire about cancellations or reschedule.